Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pepperoni Stromboli

1 packages pizza dough (get it from supermarket or local pizzeria)
egg yolk, reserve egg white for later
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon garlic powder (I use Kirkland granulated garlic)
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 lb pepperoni (get it sliced from deli counter)
2 cups mozzarella cheese

This is how it's done:

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Flour a plate and press both sides of dough to coat outside.

3. Roll dough out to the shape of a rectangle.

4. Combine egg yolk, parm cheese, oregano, garlic powder, pepper, & olive oil.

5. Spread the mixture evenly over flattened dough.

6. Layer pepperoni and cheese.

7. Roll jelly roll style, tucking ends under.

8. Spread egg whites over Stromboli.

9. Slice 3 small slits on top to vent.

10. Place in preheated oven on baking sheet or pizza stone for 20-25 min.

11. Stromboli will be browned when ready. Let sit 5 min, cut and serve with marinara sauce.

I have made other things with pizza dough, like pinwheels. but this is the best so far! My boyfriend and I both went back for seconds.

I worked at a pizza place throughout high school and am also from New Jersey. Trust me, I know good Stromboli. Make this. you can choose whatever filling you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment